Gluten Free Issue 3- Auditor Training
This course has been designed to help you
gain an appreciation of celiac disease and non-celiac gluten sensitivity, understand the Gluten-Free Certification Program requirements and to provide guidance on implementing
a preventative risk-based Gluten-Free Management
System in your business. This training will also explain the process that a business will need to follow in order to become a certified Gluten-Free site. The ONLY program which is fully accredited by a third-party to certify both the site and its gluten management system. As an auditor, it is essential to have a thorough understanding of the requirements in the Gluten-Free Certification Program Global Standard.
Key Learning Objectives:
– Define gluten and the differences between celiac disease and non-celiac gluten sensitivity
– Identify the impact that celiac disease has on individuals
– Demonstrate an understanding of why the food industry is required to manage gluten containing food and products
– Recall different food handler responsibilities and GMP’s relating to gluten management
– Explain the concept of cross contact and the potential for cross contact in a food production process
– Outline key legal requirements relating to gluten-free labelling
– List the individual components that make up the Gluten-free Certification Program Global Standard
– Recognise the difference between a dedicated and non-dedicated Gluten-Free site
– Identify different gluten controls that must be implemented as part of a gluten-free management system
– Outline the importance of prerequisite programs in safeguarding a gluten-free site
– Determine suitable gluten-free monitoring, deviation, validation and verification procedures
– Perform a documented risk assessment for gluten-free ingredients, processes and finished product
– Describe the process for obtaining certification to the Gluten-free Certification Program Global Standard
– Identify key objective evidence required to determine compliance against relevant sections of the Gluten-free Certification Program Global Standard
– Correctly complete auditor documentation, including client reports and corrective action requests.
– Be able to “paint a documented picture” of specific activities within a given site, which when reviewed by any other individual, will effectively communicate a clear “snap-shot” regarding the operation and the levels of conformity.