The Food Companies subject to Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) rule must ensure that their food safety system is developed, implemented and maintained by a Preventive Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI) who has successfully completed PCQI training in the development and application of risk-based preventive controls. The Current Good Manufacturing Practice, Hazard Analysis, and Risk-based Preventive Controls for Human Food regulation (referred to as the Preventive Controls for Human Food regulation) is intended to ensure safe manufacturing, processing, packing and holding of food products for human consumption in the United States.
The PCQI course, developed by Food Safety Preventive Controls Alliance (FSPCA), is the “standardized curriculum” recognized by the FDA and delivered by a Lead Instructor for the FSPCA Preventive Controls for Human Food (PCQI) Course. The successful completion of this course is one way to meet FSMA requirement for a preventive controls qualified individual (PCQI). Participants will receive an official FSPCA Preventive Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI) certificate issued by the Associate of Food and Drug Officials (AFDO) after successful completing this training program.
Blended Course Structure:
The Blended FSPCA Preventive Controls for Human Food Course has two parts:
Part 1: Online Self Paced E-Learning course through FSPCA. PART1’s cost is $198.
Once you begin the process, you have up to six months to complete the Part 1: Online course. Upon completion, you have six months to complete a Part 2: Instructor-Led course.
Upon completion of Part 1, you will receive an enrolment ticket and a completion email. This completion ticket must be sent to email@example.com before the start of Part 2 course.
Part 2: Instructor-Led (Live-Virtual)
This 8-hour FSPCA Human Food Part2 is Instructor-led. During this session, we will take a closer look at a Food Safety Plan to ensure that you are prepared to develop, implement and maintain your own Food Safety Plan to meet the Preventive Controls for Human Food (PCQI) requirements under FDA FSMA rule. In order to receive the Certificate of training from FSPCA, you must complete Part 1 Online before the Part 2 class.
After the completion of this course you will:
- Obtain your training PCQI certificate issued by the Association of Food and Drug Officials (AFDO).
- Be provided with the knowledge you need to develop, implement and maintain your food safety management system to meet FDA requirements.
- Improve your ability to speak the same food safety language as FDA does.
- Will be given insights on what your importers in the US are supposed to do to verify that the products you supply to them meet FDA requirements.
Date & Time:
- May 14, 2020, 8 AM-5 PM (GMT-4) EST
- June 2, 2020, 8 AM-5 PM (GMT-4) EST
- July 14, 2020, 8 AM-5 PM (GMT-4) EST
- August 11, 2020, 8 AM-5 PM (GMT-4) EST
- September 8, 2020, 8 AM-5 PM (GMT-4) EST
- September 28, 2020, 8 AM-5 PM (GMT-4) EST
- October 15, 2020, 8 AM-5 PM (GMT-4) EST
- October 30, 2020, 8 AM-5 PM (GMT-4) EST
- November 9, 2020, 8 AM-5 PM (GMT-4) EST
- November 24, 2020, 8 AM-5 PM (GMT-4) EST
- December 11, 2020, 8 AM-5 PM (GMT-4) EST
- December 21, 2020, 8 AM-5 PM (GMT-4) EST
Location: Live-Virtual Instructor-led Online Training
Course fee: $ 300 US