Upcoming GFCP-Industry Training
The Gluten-Free Certification Program (GFCP) course has been designed to help you gain an appreciation of celiac disease and non-celiac gluten sensitivity, understand the GFCP requirements and to provide guidance on implementing a preventative risk-based Gluten-Free Management System (GFMS) in your business. This training will also explain the process that a business will need to follow in order to become a certified Gluten-Free site. The ONLY program which is fully accredited by a third-party to certify both the site and its gluten management system
Key Learning Objectives
– Define gluten and the differences between celiac disease and non-celiac gluten sensitivity
– Identify the impact that celiac disease has on individuals
– Demonstrate an understanding of why the food industry is required to manage gluten containing food and products
– Recall different food handler responsibilities and GMP’s relating to gluten management
– Explain the concept of cross contact and the potential for cross contact in a food production process
– Outline key legal requirements relating to gluten-free labelling
– List the individual components that make up the Gluten-free Certification Program (GFCP) Global Standard
– Recognise the difference between a dedicated and non-dedicated Gluten-Free site
– Identify different gluten controls that must be implemented as part of a gluten-free management system
– Outline the importance of prerequisite programs in safeguarding a gluten-free site
– Determine suitable gluten-free monitoring, deviation, validation and verification procedures
– Perform a documented risk assessment for gluten-free ingredients, processes and finished product
– Describe the process for obtaining certification to the Gluten-free Certification Program (GFCP) Global Standard
Who should attend:
Senior managers, quality managers, technical managers, production and operations managers of sites who have implemented, or plan to implement, Global Standard for the Gluten-Free Certification Program (GFCP) Issue 3.
Participants must have read and reviewed a copy of the BRCGS Gluten Free Issue 3. This is available to download free of charge from the BRCGS website, or hard copies are available to purchase from the BRCGS bookshop. Please go to www.brcgs.com for further details.
Industry training: 25 questions exam; Pass mark 60%.
May 29, 2023; 9 AM-5 PM
June 16, 2023; 9 AM-5 PM
August 29, 2023; 9 AM-5 PM
October 31, 2023; 9 AM-5 PM